Data Sheets, 677.25 KB
Download technical information — including cable properties/characteristics, applications, qualifications, connector options, cable preparation, and ordering information.
The defense sector’s need for fast data/video transfer is driving the demand to update aircraft with higher data rate cables to ensure mission success. Cables also need to be much stronger to tolerate difficult aircraft environments without breaking or failing.
We offer specialty versions of GORE Quad Cables with tighter skew requirements that are perfectly aligned with today’s high-speed serial data and video protocols. Our dual differential pairs routinely transfer bi-directional signals while maintaining data and video speeds up to 1 GHz at lengths up to 30 m (100 ft).
Reduced Cable Size, Durable Materials
Reduced cable design
We’re the original architect of this innovative quadrax cable design. When compared to dual twisted pair constructions, our quadrax design is significantly smaller — by around 40% — yet remarkably strong. Our design is also lighter weight and has saved more than 5.0 kg (11 lb) per aircraft. This smaller diameter also increases flexibility with a tight bend radius, making it easier for maintainers to route our cables in crowded areas surrounding aircraft electronic systems.
Remarkably strong materials of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions)
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- box-to-box systems
- digital visual interface (DVI)
- EO/IR (electro-optical infrared) sensors
- Ethernet backbone
- flight control
- mission systems
- propulsion control
- video networks
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- routinely transfer bi-directional signals with controlled impedance at speeds up to 1 GHz
- low-skew performance aligned with high-speed serial data/video protocols
- remarkably strong materials reliably protect against extreme environments
- unique quadrax design is 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction proven to save more than 5.0 kg (11 lb) per aircraft
- simpler routing in crowded areas due to more flexibility and smaller bend radius
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions).
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 5||100 ± 10||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15||< 15||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||> 80||> 80||> 80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)||4.23 (1.29)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)||39.4 (12.0)||42.7 (13.0)|
|Minimum Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT) (dB)
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Properties||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue/Red, Green/Yellow||Blue/Orange, Green/Red||Black/Blue, Green/White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200||-55 to +200||-55 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawing
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- AFDX/ARINC 664, Part 7: Ethernet Networks
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 1000BASE-T
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
发布 September 16, 2020
美国戈尔公司今日宣布旗下产品GORE® PHASEFLEX® 微波/射频测试组件荣获2020年军事与航天航空电子创新奖。经航天航空和国防界经验丰富、广受尊敬的评审团严格评比，戈尔组件具有优异的可靠性和耐久性，在电子战(EW)/雷达装置、电子监控/应对策略、雷达预警系统、导弹接近预警系统以及导航/通信系统的精准测试中发挥关键作用，因而被评为创新奖金奖。
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.