Seconds matter during any defense operation, so aircrews need to know they’ll receive vital Intel in time or risk compromising the entire mission and their safety. Cables are a key component of critical systems, so they must be able to transmit data on avionics networks as fast as possible, reliably and accurately, no matter the circumstances to ensure mission success.
Controlled-impedance GORE CAN Bus Cables enable high-quality signals for high data rate transmission up to 1 GHz, whatever conditions the aircraft encounters. The reason is our innovative cable technology that provides versatile protection to effectively shield wires from extreme impact. Our cables withstands the mechanical, electrical, and environmental stress of flight operations — like rapid temperature changes, harsh contaminants, repeated vibration, and rigorous routing in airframes.
FAST & TROUBLE-FREE ROUTING
Our cables are 40% smaller than alternative designs, which makes them lighter weight. A smaller diameter also means increased flexibility with a tight bend radius for quick routing and installation without any trouble. Maintainers will also like that our cables have a unique inverted dielectric, which means easier wire preparation and insertion in smaller connector systems.
When put to the test, our CAN Bus cables maintain stable communication on avionics networks for as long as the aircraft remains in service. Ultimately giving aircrews a decisive edge and the confidence that avionics transmitting critical Intel in the aircraft they fly won't fail during critical missions.
Compact, lightweight footprint of GORE CAN Bus Cables
GORE CAN Bus Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- cabin management systems
- controller area network
- digital video systems
- serial buses
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE CAN Bus Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- high-quality signals with controlled impedance for fast data transmission up to 1 GHz
- versatile protection from extreme mechanical/environmental impact
- compact footprint is 40% smaller, making them lighter weight
- unique inverted dielectric enables easier wire prep/insertion in smaller connector systems
- increased flexibility with small bend radius for trouble-free routing
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE CAN Bus Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||120 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||<15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.0 (12.8)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
PART NUMBERS & DRAWINGS
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and insertion loss.
GORE CAN Bus Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
戈尔公司今日宣布旗下产品GORE® PHASEFLEX® 微波/射频测试组件荣获2020年军事与航天航空电子创新奖。经航天航空和国防界经验丰富、广受尊敬的评审团严格评比，戈尔组件具有优异的可靠性和耐久性，在电子战(EW)/雷达装置、电子监控/应对策略、雷达预警系统、导弹接近预警系统以及导航/通信系统的精准测试中发挥关键作用，因而被评为创新奖金奖。