+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 1.77 MB
Download technical information — including cable properties/characteristics, applications, qualifications, performance data, connector options, cable preparation, and ordering information.
Continuous improvements in avionics keep driving the demand to update aircraft with cables that can transmit lots of data at higher speeds so aircrews can receive real-time information. Cables must also be able to survive aircraft environments without breaking or failing, whether it’s constant flexing during routing or severe vibration during flight.
GORE FireWire Cables are the premier solution for copper-based IEEE 1394b FireWire data links. Our cables transmit uninterrupted high-fidelity signals for interconnect solutions up to 30 m (100 ft) at S400 data transfer rates in all aircraft environments
SIGNAL INTEGRITY WITH FLEXURE
We evaluated the eye pattern of our FireWire cables before and during flexure to ensure signal integrity. They passed the eye mask test with margin and continued to maintain signal integrity without degradation even after we wrapped them around a mandrel 20 times. Aircraft maintainers can easily flex and tightly bend our FireWire cables in narrow spaces during installation without damaging or breaking them.
Also, our specialized quadrax design is much smaller by about 40% and lighter weight than dual twisted pair constructions. Our FireWire cables can save as much as 5.2 kg (11.5 lb) per aircraft on average. But even though our cables are smaller and lighter, they still provide a protective barrier against tough aircraft environments because of the proprietary materials and double-braided shield that add strength.
Highly flexible materials of GORE FireWire Cables
FireWire is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
GORE FireWire Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- flight controls
- networked video systems
- mission systems
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE FireWire Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- premier solution for copper-based IEEE 1394b FireWire data links
- uninterrupted high-fidelity signals with flexure up to 30 m (100 ft) at S400 data transfer rates
- protective barrier provides added strength against tough environments
- specialized quadrax design is 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction proven to save more than 5.2 kg (11.5 lb) per aircraft
- tighter bend radius for easier and faster routing in narrow spaces
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE FireWire Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||110 +6/-4|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft) (26 AWG)||36.1 (11.0)|
|Typical Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||3.5 (1.1)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||Blue/Orange, Green/Red|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
GORE FireWire Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers' requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part : Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- IEEE 1394b; SAE AS5643™: Designed to comply with performance requirements
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
- SAE AS6070™/8: High-speed data protocol cable requirements
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
发布 September 16, 2020
美国戈尔公司今日宣布旗下产品GORE® PHASEFLEX® 微波/射频测试组件荣获2020年军事与航天航空电子创新奖。经航天航空和国防界经验丰富、广受尊敬的评审团严格评比，戈尔组件具有优异的可靠性和耐久性，在电子战(EW)/雷达装置、电子监控/应对策略、雷达预警系统、导弹接近预警系统以及导航/通信系统的精准测试中发挥关键作用，因而被评为创新奖金奖。
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.